MAARS Meeting Minutes, September 11, 2015
submitted by Jim Foster, KDØNQQ, secretary

Meeting commenced: 6:40 p.m. at Vista in Manhattan, KS.   Meeting concluded: 7:30 p.m.


Dave Mills, Treasurer, KDØAZG, Manhattan
George Johnson, KEØALQ, Manhattan
Patti Johnson, KEØBBJ, Manhattan
Jim Foster, Secretary, KDØNQQ, Wamego
Farren Constable, KBØAZT, Blue Rapids
Mark Benfer, President, KCØQAS, Manhattan
Jeff Greer, WD4ET, Manhattan
Scott Chainey, ACØCY, Wamego
David Mills, KSØAZG, Manhattan
Francis Sable, WØEVJ, Wamego
Myron Calhoun, WØPBV, Manhattan
Nancy Calhoun, NØKMU, Manhattan


1. Repeater usage in storm situations

  • Is the club satisfied with the K-Link, given the circumstances of the 10th's storm?

  • Need to re-circulate the tone/no-tone operation of the repeater

    • On the web site – Mark will forward

    • On the e-mail list – Mark will post

2. Proposed SET – Myron Calhoun

  • October 10

  • Participants need to inform Myron if they want to participate.

  • Three bands, three times of day (7-7:15, 1-1:30, 7-7:30)

  • Myron will call at set times, listen for responses on Simplex.

  • Myron will send out a log form for participants to fill out.

  • Jim will send out to Larry's List.

3. Oct. 3 Testing Session – Jeff Greer

  • all set up and registered

  • would be nice to have one more extra volunteer examiner

  • Nichols Hall reserved – lots of construction, come early.

  • George will publish on Ft. Riley.

4. Field Day – George Johnson

  • 25-26 June, 2016

  • Venue

    • Discovery Center – would love to have us put on a display in the lobby.

    • Discovery Park – want to get an exemption. How? / Plan to request a waiver of hourly free and overnight exemption

  • Myron will talk to people about supporting our request.

    • Alternate: another park in the Manhattan system

    • Alternate: free venue

  • Plans – what do we want to do?

  • Promotion

  • Activities

  • Bring ideas to October meeting

5. November Elections – Mark Benfer

  • Jim will put out a notice to the list.

  • What are the offices?

  • When is the election?

  • Nomination process

  • Requirement – be paid member by October

Other Business

  • Constitution
    The constitution requires us to physically mail to each member. We need to change the mailing requirement. Patti has agreed to transcribe the print copy into an electronic format. Jim will bring a proposal for an amendment to the October meeting.

  • Dave given club approval to buy a receipt book

Back to Newsletters / Minutes      Back to Main Page