MAARS Meeting Minutes, June 12, 2015
submitted by Jim Foster, KDØNQQ, secretary
Meeting commenced: 6:30 p.m. at Vista in Manhattan, KS. Meeting concluded: 7:35 p.m.
Mark Benfer, President, KCØQAS, Manhattan
Dave Mills, Treasurer, KDØAZG, Manhattan
Nancy Calhoun NØKMU, Manhattan
Myron Calhoun WØPBV, Manhattan
Francis Sable WØEVJ, Wamego
Paul Schliffke, NØUZN, Wamego
George Johnson KEØALQ, Manhattan
Patti Johnson KEØBBJ, Manhattan
Jim Foster, Secretary, KDØNQQ, Wamego
1. Member Report – Dave presented a list of who is in active membership, and those on the rolls but inactive/unpaid
2. Field Day Plans – 27-28 June
- Sat 10 a.m. - Sun 4 p.m. (xmit 12 - 12)
- 2A classification
- Using club call: KSØMAN
- Link or no link?
- GOTA station – Paul S., 6m?
- 40m – Mark: HF, battery, Antenna. Pneumatic mast?
- 20m – Jim: HF, battery
- 40m antenna, 20m antenna - Francis
- Other Supplies
- Mark – Generator
- Jim – tables
- Dave will look for rain tarp
- Paul will contact the Wamego papers, put them in contact with Jim
- Jim will prepare a press release based
3. Testing – there has been some demand. Jim will post a request to our mailing list for VE commitment.